I first came across Herbivore Botanicals in an Urban Outfitters in Downtown SF. I was immediately drawn to their little nook all because of how wonderfully decorated it was. The shelves were perfectly lined with their products along with crystals, geometric shapes, and A+ lighting so it’s pretty impossible not to miss.
Intrigued by their products, I scanned them one by one. I’m big on skincare just as much as I am with makeup. Right off the bat I found myself wanting to buy every single one of their products. I also admired the fact that they use natural ingredients and are cruelty-free (!!!).
Herbivore Botanicals was kind enough to send me two products to review. I gave myself at least a few months to test them out and see how well they fare.
Spoiler alert: I have nothing but good things to say about them. They certainly did not disappoint. No bias, no BS.
- It has a strong minty + herbal smell which I personally don’t mind but may be bothersome to others
- Consistency is smooth, thin, and gel-like
- Gives a tingly sensation upon application
- You only need to apply a thin layer
- It comes with a scoop which is a plus for me because I’d rather not dip my hands in the jar and pose the risk of bacteria contamination
- My skin is noticeably brighter and smoother after washing it off
- The redness of my tiny spots were reduced
- Does not instantly get rid of pimples
- Gently exfoliates the skin to get rid of dead skin cells
Phoenix Facial Oil Roller will dramatically rehydrate and rejuvenate skin at the cellular level. Leaves skin soft and silky with a renewed appearance and texture.
- It has an orange-y tint but won’t stain your skin
- My skin absorbs it well and leaves it hydrated
- I apply this at night (sometimes in the morning) and I always wake up with brighter & smooth skin
- Helps refresh and rejuvenate tired skin
- The oil is not lightweight; Feels a little thick
- Best applied when face is slightly damp
Ever since incorporating these two products in my skincare routine, my skin has significantly improved.
I should’ve took before & after photos *face palm*. It’s much smoother and brighter than it was prior to using these products and I have Herbivore Botanicals to thank for that.
It was high time that I started taking skincare more seriously and I will definitely prioritize it more than makeup. Got any skincare recommendations? Leave them in the comments below!